Fellow Folkster’s, the 22nd Ely Folk Festival begins this evening and once again Ely Online brings you a folk flavoured podcast in the spirit of the festival. This year we have added a lot of new folk spanning several folk genres such as Freak Folk, Weird America, Folk Rock, Folk Progressive, Psych-Folk. There are also some older songs though it is pretty hard to tell which is old and which new.
Now if only we could get Devendra Banhart, Adele or Lupen Crook at the 2008 Ely Folk Festival…
- Mud – Ivor Cutler
- A Silver Boot For Sam – Lupen Crook
- Son – Michaelangelo
- Little Emma’s Smile – Viking Moses!
- In Vain – Oliver
- All I Ever Wanted – Meg Baird
- Mama Wolf – Devendra Banhart
- Daydreamer – Adele
- Hard Times – Gob Iron
- Snakes In A Hole – Accolade 2
- Mouse Song – Faun Fables
- Boulders On My Grave – Mellow Candle
- Losing The Will To Survive – Findlay Brown
- You Never Wanted Me – Sandy Denny
- No Other Name – Peter, Paul & Mary
- Same Old Man – Holy Modal Rounders
- Tale From Black – Tunng
- Our Pasts, Like Lighthouses – Rock Plaza Central
- Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream – Pete Seeger
- End Of A Holiday – Fairport Convention
You can listen to the mix streamed online by pressing the play button below, broadband is your friend for this. If you don’t see the player below then you don’t have the Flash Player installed, that can be remedied by going here.
If you enjoyed the mix some feedback would be welcome.
What Is Podcasting?
Think of podcasting as on-demand radio programming. Podcast content can be anything from homebrewed radio shows and music to public and commercial radio. Podcasting enables you to listen to the content of your choice when you want to on your computer or portable media player.
If you are familiar with Podcasting you can subscribe to the feed via your RSS Reader or Podcasting client like the wonderful and FREE iPodder. If you have an iPod you can use iPodder to download the mix to your iPod.
Just copy the link below into your client.
Once subscribed any future mixes will be available through the RSS Reader or Podcasting client.